Pay Range: $85,000 - $97,908 annual compensation
***$5,000 Sign- On Incentive***
Job Posting Closing on: Monday, November 20, 2023
Benefits for this position include: 11 Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Pension Plan, Professional Development Opportunities, and much more.
The City of Fort Worth is one of the fastest growing large cities in the U.S. Our employees serve the needs of nearly 1,000,000 residents, promoting our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
A Traffic Engineer job is available with the City of Fort Worth Transportation and Public Works Department. We are seeking candidates for the City's Traffic Signal Team to provide signal operation and traffic signal design services. Individuals in the position will utilize state-of-the-art advanced traffic management system and transit priority system; configuring and programming traffic signal devices.
This position qualifies for the following incentives which is separate from the base pay:
Sign-On Incentive of: $5,000 *** 50% paid after the completion of first pay period, 50% paid after the completion of 6 months of employment. ***
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in civil engineering.
- Four (4) years of increasingly responsible civil engineering experience, of which two (2) years must be in traffic signal operation and design.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Texas. (If licensed in another state, continued employment will be contingent upon obtaining registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Texas within six months of employment).
- A valid driver's license.
- Experience with retiming signalized corridors, and design and review of traffic signal plans and specifications.
- Knowledge of the latest versions of the Texas Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (TMUTCD), Highway Capacity Manual (TRB HCM 2010), AASHTO Manual for Geometric Designs of Highways and Streets.
- Experience with AutoCAD, SYNCHRO, and Highway Capacity Software (HCS).
- Traffic studies experience.
- Community meeting experience.
The Traffic Engineer job responsibilities include:
- Retiming corridors, develop and implement signal timing plans for synchronized systems throughout the city.
- Installation and/or modification of traffic signals and other traffic-related activities.
- Provide technical support to plan, design and implement transportation projects; reviewing, designing and implementing traffic signal projects using the latest available design and drafting software.
- Responding to citizen and vendor requests (as assigned).
- Mentoring junior engineer or techs and assisting Senior Engineers with traffic signal projects/contracts.
- Traffic data collection and conduct traffic studies.
- Ability to interact and communicate concisely and accurately both orally and in writing with consultants, stakeholders, and citizens.
- Possess enthusiasm to learn and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills.
- Be results focused, able to prioritize and pay attention to detail.
Conditions of Employment
The City of Fort Worth is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It is the policy and practice of the City to recruit, hire, train and promote a diverse workforce without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or another non-merit factor.
The City of Fort Worth is committed to full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. criminal convictions will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only.