Sr. Systems Engineer
Sr. Systems Engineer
Houston, TX, USA; Pottstown, PA 19464, USA; Wall Corporate Office, 1415 Wyckoff Rd, Wall, New Jersey, United States of America Req #1034
Energize your future at New Jersey Resources (NJR). We are a Fortune 1000 employer located at the Jersey Shore in Monmouth County, and named a Most Trusted Brand among the country's natural gas and electric utilities. Join our diversified energy company as we pursue a reliable, sustainable, cleaner energy future. You'll find a friendly, community-minded work environment, where recognition for your work and opportunities for growth and development are complemented with competitive pay and benefits. That's NJR Life.
NJR Midstream, a subsidiary of New Jersey Resources is seeking a Sr. Systems Engineer to deve lop, manage and maintain pipeline system hydraulic models using steady state and transient flow simulation techniques to recommend facilities designs for system expansions. Develop and maintain flow diagrams to support regulatory filings, optimize daily system operations and scheduling, analyze system performance, support Gas Control real-time operations and maintenance scheduling, and identify facilities and upgrades as required to ensure the proper, cost effective design, evaluation and operation of the Company's natural gas infrastructure. Develop database and analytics to move compressor maintenance from calendar/hourly based to condition-based maintenance. Work closely with Commercial team on development of system expansions and other midstream investment opportunities and Commercial/Operations teams on optimization of pipeline capacity.
• Utilize computer modeling and data analysis tools to aid in the evaluation, justification, and development of solutions to gas system issues and/or opportunities
• Analyze and model annual peak day system operational data to best simulate system flow and pressure characteristics needed to accurately forecast various scenarios due to proposed system changes, scheduled shutdowns and emergency conditions
• Continually maintain and update the hydraulic network models for all Midstream Gas systems; liaison with department SCADA staff to ensure the timely and accurate maintenance of system models
• Model daily operational capacity and work with Scheduling team to support optimal scheduling of available pipeline capacity
• Work with Commercial group to develop recommended facilities scopes and preliminary estimates for system expansions
• Develop system design evidence in concert with Regulatory team for inclusion in FERC 7 (c) applications for system expansion projects
• Maintain FERC certificated system flow diagram/capacity records to support periodic compliance and rate filings
• Assist with the review of new business opportunity engineering documents, procedures and other relevant data for accuracy, completeness and potential risks
• Define system constraints, determine maximum system throughputs, evaluate system measurement and pressure control equipment for optimization of operational constraints
• Work with Control Room staff to formulate operations procedures to maximize daily capacity
• Develop data base and analytics to help the department to move from calendar-based maintenance to condition based maintenance
• Perform industry benchmark analysis
• Develop an Asset Life Cycle plan
• Support assets with engineering reviews and project design as needed
• Work closely with SCADA Team on location of pressure monitoring points etc.
• Bachelor's degree in engineering is required, preferably mechanical or civil
A minimum of five years of related experience, with proven experience in Transient and Steady State Gas Flow Analysis including work with Synergi Pipeline Simulator or equivalent Hydraulic Modeling Software
• Experience with development of system design evidence for FERC 7(c) applications for authorization to construct and operate gas pipeline facility expansions
• Experience managing FERC interstate pipeline system design requirements for compliance and rate filings
• Capacity planning experience supporting daily pipeline system scheduling
• Prior experience working with pipeline business developers, estimating and scheduling gas pipeline expansion projects and asset management is a plus
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Working knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS preferred
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and negotiation skills
• Must be detail-oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments and deadlines
• Travel required
* The above job description is reflective of the primary duties of this position and in no way limits the supervisor from assigning any other duties, responsibilities or initiatives as deemed necessary.
New Jersey Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran, or other protected status.