Sr. Professional Engineer – Water Development
Pay Range: $100,000 - 116,968 annual compensation
Job Posting Closing on: Friday, November 24, 2023
Benefits for this position include: 11 Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Pension Plan, Professional Development Opportunities, and much more.
***Sign-On Incentive of $5,400****
The City of Fort Worth is one of the fastest growing large cities in the U.S. Our employees serve the needs of nearly 1,000,000 residents, promoting our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
A Sr. Professional Engineer position is available with the City of Fort Worth Development Services Water Section (DSWS). The Development Services Water Section is responsible for reviewing all developer-initiated projects related to water/wastewater improvements. We are seeking a highly energetic individual who has a good understanding of water/wastewater design and can operate in a fast pace environment
This Position qualifies for the following incentives which is separate from the base pay:
- Sign-On Incentive of $5,400
- Student Loan Repayment Program in amount of $5,200
The Sr. Professional Engineer - Water Development job responsibilities include:
- Responsible for reviewing construction plans for residential, commercial, and industrial developments.
- Serve as a project manager and be responsible for coordinating high-level complex developers' water/sewer projects from the pre-development phase to the post-construction phase with internal staff and external customers.
- Interpret design requirements established by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ).
- Provide technical leadership to engineering technicians and other staff members in the department related to water and wastewater engineering.
- Supervise, coordinate, direct, and monitor the section's day-to-day activities.
- Oversees pre-development meetings, plats, Board of Adjustment cases, Zoning cases, and site plans.
- Analyze and resolve planning/development-related problems in assigned areas; gather data through research; recommend solutions, and monitor implementation.
- Coordinate with Field Operation staff to address construction related issues.
- Responsible for understanding the roles and responsibilities of the Engineering Manager, and fill in as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in civil engineering or a related field
- Three (3) years of professional civil engineering experience as a registered professional engineer of which two (2) years must be within performing project management that includes design and contract administration of water and wastewater projects.
- Possession of registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Texas. If licensed in another state, continued employment will be contingent upon obtaining registration as a Professional Engineer within the State of Texas within six months of employment.
- Possession of, or the ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid Texas driver's license.
- The candidate should have strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills, strong reporting skills, both written and verbal.
- Municipal government experience related to development.
- Exceptional customer service, time management, communication and writing skills are essential to address high volume of telephone, email, walk-in public inquiries.
Depending on assignment, positions in this class typically require touching, talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, walking, repetitive motions, climbing and balancing.
Depending on assignment, positions in this class typically exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly having to move objects.
Conditions of Employment
The City of Fort Worth is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It is the policy and practice of the City to recruit, hire, train and promote a diverse workforce without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or another non-merit factor.
The City of Fort Worth is committed to full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. criminal convictions will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only.