Sr. Professional Engineer – In House Design
Pay Range: $87,354 - $113,561 annual compensation
Job Posting Closing on: Tuesday, June 13, 2023
Workdays & Hours: The position is Full-Time 8am - 5pm Monday - Friday.
Benefits for this position include: 11 Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Pension Plan, Professional Development Opportunities, and much more.
The City of Fort Worth is one of the fastest growing large cities in the U.S. Our employees serve the needs of nearly 1,000,000 residents, promoting our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
A Sr. Professional Engineer job is available with the City of Fort Worth In-house Design Group. The City of Fort Worth Development Services Department is charged with promoting orderly growth and development, safe and viable construction, and strong neighborhood vitality by collaborating with developers, property owners, and residents, to ensure a safe and sustainable community while providing exceptional customer service. The Development Services Engineering Division facilitates various engineering design review functions related to the delivery of safe and sustainable public infrastructure.
In an effort to further help our development customers deliver adequate public infrastructure to serve their proposed development projects timely and at a reduced cost, the department has created a new service for in-house design and construction services. This will serve as a dedicated program for the development and business community that will address small-scale or infill project design and construction needs related to water, sewer, stormwater, streetlighting, and paving.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in civil engineering or a related field.
- Three (3) years of professional civil engineering experience as a registered professional engineer of which two (2) years must be within or related to the area of assigned responsibility.
- Possession of registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Texas. If licensed in another state, continued employment will be contingent upon obtaining registration as a Professional Engineer within the State of Texas within six (6) months of employment.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Master's Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in civil engineering or a related field and six (6) years of professional civil engineering experience as a registered professional engineer.
The Sr. Professional Engineer - In House Design job responsibilities include:
- Leads, oversees and participates in engineering services including the planning, design, inspection, contract administration, and project management of developer-led public infrastructure projects
- Supervises staff, which includes prioritizing and assigning work; conducting performance evaluations; ensuring staff is trained; ensuring employees follow policies and procedures
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures; monitors work activities to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures; makes recommendations for changes and improvements to existing standards and procedures.
- Continuously monitors and evaluates the quality, responsiveness, efficiency, and effectiveness of engineering and construction project management, delivery methods, and procedures; works with employees, contractors, and consultants on the continuous improvement of engineering and construction project management services.
- Recommends and assists in the implementation of goals and objectives; implements approved policies and procedures while performing technical and complex tasks of the work including managing high-impact engineering projects, and coordinating the work of outside contractors and consultants.
- Performs professional civil engineering work including the design, inspection and contract administration.
- Provides professional engineering expertise in the design and construction of major civil engineering projects; reviews, evaluates and approves a variety of engineering and construction documents, including drawings, plans, designs, contract documents, technical specification, cost estimates, environmental documents and reports.
- Works closely with other city departments to understand and implement design criteria related to public infrastructure projects for system expansion and connections; designs the necessary modifications and/or new construction of public infrastructure within City, County, State and Federal guidelines.
- Prepares analytical and statistical reports on operations and activities.
Depending on assignment, positions in this class typically require touching, talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions.
Depending on assignment, positions in this class typically exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly having to move objects.
Conditions of Employment
The City of Fort Worth is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It is the policy and practice of the City to recruit, hire, train and promote a diverse workforce without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or another non-merit factor.
The City of Fort Worth is committed to full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. criminal convictions will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only.