Sr Professional Engineer
Transportation Public Works
The City of Fort Worth Transportation and Public Works Department's Infrastructure Plan Review Center is seeking a Senior Professional Engineer to serve as a Project Manager to carry out the overall review of plans for developer initiated projects.
The successful candidate will undertake the responsibility of supervising and coordinating all project activities and resources related to the design and construction of public infrastructure pertinent to private development. This function necessitates providing appropriate direction to the developer's engineer in the proper course of action necessary to bring their design into suitable compliance with the City's standards and specifications.
Candidate must be able to work within very tight time constraints and have strong interpersonal and leadership skills, the ability to work independently under the direction of an Engineering Manager; and possess good oral and written communication skills.
This candidate will assist in the development and implementation of policies, procedures, goals and objectives; monitor work activities; make recommendations for changes and improvements to existing standards and procedures; continuously monitor and evaluate the quality, responsiveness, efficiency and effectiveness of development review through the use of performance measures and manage projects as needed.
Preference will be given for additional education, knowledge, experience and/or certification as it relates to the position including:
- Preferred candidates will have a working knowledge and experience with Accela or BIM 360
- Professional certifications in PMP, CCM, PGMP or CFM
- Understanding of the PMBOK, an industry-recognized project management standard
- Knowledge of and expertise with Microsoft Office Suite
- Municipal Government experience
- Community meeting experience
- Performance measurement experience
- Office management abilities
- Budget management experience
- Supervisory/ Lead experience
- Interpersonal Skills-Attributes like Self-Management, Accountability and Responsibility, Listening, Problem Solving, Verbal Communication
Minimal Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in civil engineering or a related field
- Three (3) years of professional civil engineering experience as a registered professional engineer, of which two years must be related to capital improvement and/or infrastructure design/review of private development projects.
- Possession of registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Texas. If licensed in another state, continued employment will be contingent upon obtaining registration as a Professional Engineer within the State of Texas within six months of employment.
- Possession of, or the ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid Texas driver's license.
Closing Date/Time: 2/3/20