Sr. Engineering Technician – Wastewater
Pay Range: $26.72 - $33.40/ hr.
Job Posting Closing on: Tuesday, June 6, 2023
Workdays & Hours: Monday - Friday 6:30AM - 3:30PM; 24/7 Operation - will be subject to work after hours, emergency call back hours, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Benefits for this position include: 11 Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Pension Plan, Professional Development Opportunities, and much more.
The City of Fort Worth is one of the fastest growing large cities in the U.S. Our employees serve the needs of nearly 1,000,000 residents, promoting our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
ASr. Engineering Technician job is available with the City of Fort Worth Water Department / Field Operations Division in Wastewater. The Field Operations Division is a 24/7 operation and is the largest division of the Water Department and an integral function of the maintenance of the City of Fort Worth's infrastructure. This position is essential to the daily operations of the Field Operations Division and an integral role in the department's success. The ideal candidate will be responsible for performing complex technical civil engineering work including survey, design, mapping, materials testing, drafting, and related areas. Provides technical assistance to professional-level engineering staff. Initiates new projects and trains staff.
- Associate's degree in engineering, architecture or a related field
- Minimum Five (5) years of increasingly responsible technical engineering experience in statistical interpretations, drafting, design, and surveying
- Valid Driver's license
- Must be able to pass Physical and Drug Screen
- Possession of a TCEQ Type II Wastewater Collection System Operator License at hire
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Windows Suite
- Minimum of Three (3) years knowledge/experience with GIS, CCTV video evaluations, and computer maintenance management systems
- Previous experience working with municipalities and utilities construction
The Sr. Engineering Technician - Wastewater job responsibilities include:
- Review Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) video and field tapes and provide recommendations
- Prepare reports and statistical interpretations
- Extensive use of Microsoft Office applications
- Perform site inspections and field verification of sewer assets
- Generate work orders
- Display large amounts of information in a user-friendly interface
- Provide up-to-date information that is accessible to other departments and outside entities
- Function as an analytics tool to identify areas of inefficiency in the request process
- Track department inefficiencies and use the information to evaluate where the department is/was effective
Conditions of Employment
The City of Fort Worth is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It is the policy and practice of the City to recruit, hire, train and promote a diverse workforce without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or another non-merit factor.
The City of Fort Worth is committed to full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. criminal convictions will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only.