Software Engineer Manager
Office of Information Technology
Annual Salary Range: $117,000 - $181,000
FLSA Exempt / Non-Union Represented
This position allows for up to four days of remote work per week.
About the Office
Information Technology (IT) is responsible for applications development and support, infrastructure support, telecommunications, and video conferencing resources that support the work of the State Bar. This is accomplished via Applications, Operations and related project and web management.
What you'll be doing
You will bring your leadership acumen, technical skills and customer focus to lead a team of software engineers to develop, integrate and implement solutions to support strategic and operational goals of the organization and be responsible for improving people, process and systems. You will influence application roadmap and technology choices with your ability to analyze, learn and adopt to changing organizational needs and industry trends.
About this Recruitment
The Office of Information Technology is seeking to fill one position at either the IT Manager I, IT Manager II, or IT Manager III level. After completion of the selection process, an offer will be extended to the selected candidate at the level that is commensurate with the candidate's experience.
- Manage the software development life cycle, including planning, design, development, testing, and deployment.
- Manage integration of third-party products with State Bar applications.
- Develop and maintain technical roadmaps and project plans to ensure timely and successful delivery of projects.
- Identify and mitigate technical risks and issues and implement strategies to minimize their impact on project timelines and budgets.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to the development team, including mentoring and coaching team members.
- Collaborate with other offices to ensure technical solutions align with business objectives and requirements.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation, including system architecture diagrams, technical specifications, and user manuals.
- Stay up to date with the latest trends and technologies in software development and system architecture and make recommendations for improvements to existing systems and processes.
- Make program and policy recommendations to department and executive management.
- Set goals to support the vision/mission of IT and ensures achievement of objectives.
- Exercise a significant level of discretion and accountability in program decisions and work to be accomplished within the scope of assignment.
- Determine staffing needs and work strategies for assigned projects.
- Provide overall direction for the day-to-day activities in assigned area(s).
- Assist in administration of annual budget for assigned area(s); tracks expenditures; research costs for new hardware, software and other items; prepares cost/benefit analyses, reports and recommendations.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of experience in technical project management or software engineering management roles.
- Strong knowledge of software development methodologies, including Agile, Scrum, and Waterfall.
- Industry certifications such as PMP, Scrum Master, or ITIL are a plus.
- Experience with managing software development teams and overseeing the development of complex software systems.
- Strong understanding of system architecture and infrastructure, including cloud-based systems and network architecture in the context of software development and systems integration.
- 8+ years in hands on application development.
- 8+ years of experiences with:
- data structure
- data modeling
- SQL Sever
- MVC experiences
- Experience with cloud-native data and analytics platforms.
- Experience with Azure public cloud technologies.
- Experience with Power BI data analytic tool.
- Solid development background including design patterns, data structures, and web services.
- Minimum 2 years experiences with operating in a public cloud.
- Strong analytical ability that enables you to break down complex problems and synthesize insights from data.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Outstanding customer focus, results orientation, strategy thinking, change advocate, continuous improvement, talent development.
- Proven track record managing multiple projects, deadlines, and teams.