SOFTWARE ENGINEER III
About LSI (www.lsijax.com)
LSI was originally founded as Logistic Services International in 1978 by two former Naval Officers. The founders sold LSI to the employees in January 2006 via the LSI Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
Initially established to meet the aviation training and support needs of foreign militaries operating U.S. Navy aircraft and systems, LSI has developed an enviable reputation for innovation, responsiveness, and reliability among a customer base that includes the U.S. Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, numerous foreign militaries, and the largest military aircraft manufacturing and defense companies in the world.
LSI employee-owners are a dynamic team of professionals - people with the finest technical expertise, a level of passionate creativity, and a truly visionary outlook who deliver innovative training solutions that exceed our customer's expectations. Everyone at LSI is an owner and has a personal stake in our success.
LSI has over 450 training and training support experts, engineers, and craftsmen on staff who develop state-of-the-art high fidelity training devices, complex computer-based, highly interactive distributed learning products, and comprehensive, dynamic technical publications. LSI employee-owners collaborate to deliver training products and services for a myriad of programs and customers, using leading edge technology and proven processes.
Performs advanced software analysis, design, and implementation of user-computer interfaces for training devices and systems developed for operator and maintenance training.
Essential Job Functions:
- Analyzes, designs and implements real-time software for aviation aircrew and maintenance training.
- Performs in-house software review processes including peer review and compliance with an approved Software Development Plan.
- Leads other team members to ensure all discrepancies and actions taken to resolve discrepancies are accurately recorded and resolved prior to releasing products to customer.
- Attends and briefs project status and engineering issues at In Progress Reviews and ensures discrepancies noted by the reviewing authority are recorded as appropriate Action Items.
- Handles multiple projects at the same time.
- Interacts successfully with customers.
- Trains and mentors lower-level Software Engineers.
- Safely handles government furnished equipment and materials.
- Works a standard weekly schedule of 40 hours of with overtime as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have a background in software real-time simulation with hardware experience a plus.
- Fluent in C++ and/or C is required.
- Significant experience with UNIX/LINUX operating systems is required.
- Experience with MS Visual Studio and Open GL is preferred.
- Candidate must be self-motivated.
- Must be able to create and give presentations.
- Excellent diagnostic skills (software and hardware).
- Ability to establish priorities to ensure tasks are accomplished on schedule.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a computer or engineering major is required.
- Advanced degree in computer or engineering is preferred.
- A minimum of five years progressive experience in a programming/engineering field is required.
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) and 401K
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Basic, AD&D Supplemental, and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short and Long-term Disability Coverage
- Health and Dependent Care FSA and HSA plans
- Tricare Supplement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Educational AssistanceProgram
- Interest-free loans (computers, gym, tools)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Flexible workschedule
- Relocation assistance
We are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers, committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under state or local law.