Quality Control Technician
The Quality Control Technician performs inspections on forms to ensure the form is set up as detailed on the pour sheet, checks concrete being mixed and poured into the form, and checks dimensions and details of fabricated product for accuracy.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs pre-pour inspections on forms.
- Involved with tensioning of cable to record elongations and ensure cable is tensioned as designed.
- Checks temperature and air content of wet concrete.
- Conducts slump tests of wet concrete and makes cylinders for cylinder breaks.
- Inserts temperature probes for monitoring the curing process.
- Breaks cylinders the day after a pour and 28 days after pieces are poured.
- Inspects pieces after they have cured and are removed from the forms.
- Conducts gradation and sieve tests on various aggregate.
- Observant of compliance with safety policy and procedures.
- Represented on the Plant Safety Committee.
- Records the necessary data for Quality Control files.
- Documents any discrepancies and corrections needed on product and ensures they are completed.
- Obtain the required ACI Concrete Field Testing certification.
- Acts in professional manner that demonstrates the individual has good character and can be trusted by all employees.
- Complete special projects as requested and performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Must have interpersonal communication skills to interact with co-workers, supervisors, and managers.
- Experience with Microsoft office.
- Must be able to solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- General math skills, be able to read a tape measure.
- Knowledge of safety procedures that need to be followed.
- Ability to work with others to get the project completed efficiently.
- Must be motivated and self driven to complete a task.
- Understand and accepts changes that are implemented to become best in Class.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or GED.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PAY SCALE
- Moderate to high risk of exposure to unusual elements.
- Moderate to high risk of safety precautions.
- Moderate to high exposure to production environment.
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job related instructions and perform job related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor. Wells Concrete is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.