QUALITY CONTROL MANAGER
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise and manage all Quality Control operations and personnel, which includes setting schedules and monitoring schedules.
- Promote and maintain a safe environment and educate employees on safety topics.
- Partner with HR to ensure Quality Control department is adequately staffed and to handle discipline issues as necessary. Insure schedules are set to provide adequate coverage for QC services in the plant, perform performance reviews.
- Responsible for maintaining PCI certification - partner with Production in maintaining PCI Plant Certification including addressing non-conformances identified by PCI audits.
- Review and update Quality Systems Manual as required by PCI and when changes in production operating models occur.
- Actively looks for ways to improve processes, reduce errors, increase efficiencies, and create cost savings.
- Maintain a professional relationship with D&E, Sales, and Project Management to assist them with problems.
- Create new mix designs and samples for customer approval. Advise Sales of risks in mix design proposals as necessary. Manage our sample inventory.
- Partner with production to trouble-shoot and root-cause quality issues.
- Maintain all necessary records and documents as required for PCI and as needed for our internal quality metrics. Monitor mix-data as reported by batch plant and ensure batched concrete is within PCI tolerances.
- Complete special projects as requested and perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Associate or bachelor's Degree or 2-3 years' experience in Precast Concrete preferred.
- One to three (1-3) years of experience in supervision preferred.
- PCI Level II within 2 years of hire.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Must have interpersonal communication skills to interact with employees.
- Ability to supervise, manage, and facilitate others.
- Ability to train and coach other employees if necessary.
- Ability to work with others to get the project completed efficiently.
- Must be able to solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Knowledge of products the company uses, and which products would work best.
- Ability to organize schedules, people, and equipment for maximum production.
- Understand the production process to be able to coordinate schedules.
- Understands and accepts changes that are implemented to become best in class.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ ADA ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination for typing, filing, and using office equipment.
- Visual acuity and ability to read small print.
- Hearing acuity and ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to lift and move office supplies and equipment.
- Mobility and ability to move around the office as needed.
- Minimal risk of exposure to unusual elements.
- Minimal risk of safety precautions.
- General Office Environment
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be assigned by his/her supervisor.
Wells is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Wells participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your I-9 Form information to confirm you are authorized to work in the U.S
Wells values our employees and is committed to providing a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. We offer paid holidays, health, dental and vision insurance, as well as flex spending for medical and daycare, a health savings account, and 401(k) plan with profit sharing. We'll also pay your premium for short- and long-term disability, and life insurance.*
*Please note that the benefits listed here are for non-union employees. Benefits for union employees are covered under separate collective bargaining agreements which can be obtained through their union business agent or their HR representative.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)