Mid Continent Engineering is seeking a Production Scheduler on our 1st Shift.
1 st shift: Monday - Thursday; 6:00 AM to 4:30 PM
- Competitive Wages
- Climate controlled facility
- Lots of overtime to be had but not mandatory
- Medical, Dental & Vision for employee & family including domestic partners
- 401k with a company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual starts immediately
- Yearly shoe allowance
- Referral Program
The Production Scheduler will manage the daily production line schedules in a manner that meets and complies with all Company policies and metrics.
- Develop and maintain daily production schedules using Visual Enterprise ERP system
- Adjust production schedules as needed, due to changes in customer demand/need or production requirements
- Analyze and adjust inventory targets based on forecasted demand and available capacity
- Ensure the production schedule is aligned to overall inventory targets
- Create necessary reports, procedures, and documentation to create sustainable, effective processes and results
- Work in cooperation with leads, supervisors, and other support staff to meet daily production requirements
- Communicate across multiple support functions to resolve issues impacting schedules
- Provide a focal point for information flow from the production floor, quality, customer service, and functional managers; advise management of work in progress
- Coordinate with purchasing staff and shop management to resolve issues regarding shortages, schedule changes, paperwork, system corrections, and short-range recovery planning
- Participate in continuous improvement Lean initiatives eliminating unnecessary processes
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in business a plus. 2+ years industrial experience; or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- Previous experience working in a plant/manufacturing environment a plus.
- Experience is Visual Enterprises a plus.
- Customer Service, Product Knowledge, Quality Focus, Problem Solving, Market Knowledge, Documentation Skills, Listening, Phone Skills, Resolving Conflict, Analyzing Information , Multi-tasking
- Ability to negotiation effectively and solid analytical skills with the ability to maintain effective customer relationships.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to deliver on commitments.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing operations including machining, welding, sheet metal fabrication, finishing and supplier interface.
- Strong computer skills including QA applications, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and strong attention to detail.
- Understanding of the aircraft, defense and medical industry to include some technical understanding of the components preferred
Competency Training Requirements: AS9100 Quality System
- Regularly required to sit; occasionally required to stand, reach, bend and move throughout the facility.
- Must be able to safely work in and around facility, following required safety procedures, and, where applicable, use of PPE
PPE: Required to wear safety glasses throughout the manufacturing facility as well as hearing protection in designated areas.
- Work performed in a shop and office cubicle environment.
- Exposure to any number of elements but with none present to the extent of being disagreeable.
- Controlled environment with an average temperature between 65 and 75 degrees.
About Us :
Privately owned and established in 1949, Mid-Continent has been a supplier to first-tier OEMs within the medical, aerospace and defense industries for decades. Mid-Continent Engineering stuffs the armed forces supply chain with products of our capabilities such as precision machining, aerospace welding, chromate conversion and paint/powder coat finishing, mechanical assemblies, and other design-assist services.
WHAT WE DO: we stuff the armed forces supply chain with products of our capabilities such as precision machining, aerospace welding, chromate conversion and paint/powder coat finishing, mechanical assemblies, and other design assist services.
MCE is an Equal Opportunity Employer