General Plastics Manufacturing Company in Tacoma is looking for a Planning Engineer to join our incredible team!
Who we are:
We are a premier manufacturer of rigid and flexible polyurethane foam and build-to-print parts.
For 82 years, General Plastics has been meeting the stringent requirements of engineers and design teams in diverse industries. Commercial, military and composite manufacturing companies use our LAST-A-FOAM® rigid and flexible foam sheet stock for its proven mechanical properties and extraordinary versatility. They also depend on us to provide high-quality, high-performance composite assemblies and finished custom parts. We work with our customers through the design process, feasibility, fabrication, and delivery of custom parts. From high-temperature tooling boards, core material or custom fabricated assemblies, our customers can expect quality, uniformity, and stability of materials from General Plastics.
The Planning Engineer will be responsible for providing on time support to our internal or external customer and on Quality Improvement evaluation and opportunities. This roll will monitor our manufacturing processes, quality data systems, first pass yield, scrap and continuous improvement opportunities to implement the best practices in our operation on a daily basis to achieve profitable our corporate goals.
This is an advanced, technical position within the General Plastics' Quality Assurance Department who reports to the Quality Manager.
• Improve part quality, yield, process capability and cost of machined and assembled composite parts
• Support production and customers on continuous improvement opportunities
• Improve control systems to detect and prevent non-conformances
• Ensure part conformance and compliance to standards and specifications by championing Control Plans, Failure Mode & Effects Analysis, Product Design Reviews, Inspection Standards, Testing and Rework Methods, Work Instructions, and Technical Specifications
• Improve incoming material quality through effective supplier management
• Validate new processes and products
• Lead review and disposition of identified potential non-conforming product
• Lead and/or assist internal auditing processes for quality assurance and compliance
• Supporting AS9100, NQA-1, NADCAP and Customer Audits.
• Lead product containment activities and arrange for disposition
Education, Skills and Certifications
• Engineering degree in a relevant field, e.g., Mechanical, Manufacturing, Composites, Material Science, etc., or equivalent experience
• 3+ years experience as a Manufacturing Engineer in CNC Machining, manufacturing and assembly or military or aerospace components, or other relevant industry.
• Must be comfortable with interpretation and application of material specifications, process specifications, blueprints, etc. GD&T experience preferred.
• Previous experience with an ERP System or ability to learn and use an ERP system
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across all business functions of both internal Manufacturing and Supplier relations
• Ability to multitask effectively within a team environment in managing priorities
• Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) designation or a willingness to obtain certification
• Must be dependable and reliable
• Highly organized and confident with an ability to manage projects within set deadlines
What We Have to Offer You
Your innovation and hard work can help create some of the most unique high performance plastic products for emerging markets, and long-term customers in the country. As a result, you'll find one of the best compensation, benefits and advancement programs in the industry. We're looking for energetic, motivated people with a can-do attitude and a desire to work smart. If you are a person with a strong work ethic who enjoys the chance to excel in a positive, team-oriented setting, you'll find General Plastics to be a rewarding environment.
Plus, our Total Compensation Package is Beyond the Industry Average and includes the following:
• Base compensation range is $80-$110k annually, depending on experience
• Profit-Sharing Bonus Program paid 3 times per year
• Outstanding Health Care Benefits including no premiums for medical and vision for entire family & no premiums for dental for employee
• Company Matched 401K up to 8%
• Employee Assistance Plan
• We encourage healthy eating and subsidize lunchroom food/beverage costs
• Disability & Life Insurance Package
• Generous Earned Time Off Plan starts at 20 days of leave per year, plus 9 Paid Holidays
ITAR - US Persons Status
Due to General Plastics' participation in the defense industry, International Traffic in Arms (ITAR) requires that access to sensitive information and material pertaining to defense and military related technologies may only be accessed, viewed, or shared by US Persons as defined by law. A "US Person" can be a US citizen, a lawful permanent legal resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or asylee.
General Plastics Manufacturing Company EEO/DEI Statement
General Plastics is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department at (253) 473-5000.
Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace
General Plastics is a Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace and both post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, PCP, opioids, amphetamines, and alcohol when criteria are met as outlined in our company policies.
** We are a federal subcontractor, and we test for marijuana.**