MID-CONTINENT ENGINEERING HAS AN OPENING FOR A MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
3rd shift: Weekends; 6:00am - 6:30pm; Friday - Sunday
Work 36 hours, get paid 36 hours
Pay: $35.00 - $40.00 per hour; plus $1.75 Shift Premium
- Competitive Wages
- Climate controlled facility
- Lots of overtime to be had but not mandatory
- Medical, Dental & Vision for employee & family including domestic partners
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual starts immediately
- Profit Sharing
- Yearly shoe allowance
- Referral Program
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs maintenance of all production machines/ equipment, building, grounds and vehicles with little or no supervision.
- Performs work of complex and detailed nature.
- Maintains a safe, clean and organized work area.
- Follows lockout tagout procedures and all other company safety policies.
- Assures and maintains a consistent, acceptable level of individual quality and performance.
- May be required to work in other departments or on other shifts, as directed by the Production Manager.
- Assists in the training of new employees.
- Assists in the development and implementation of preventative maintenance programs.
- Assists in the storage, disposal and handling of all hazardous materials.
- Other duties ad assigned
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow complex instructions and a thorough understanding of electronic and mechanical drawings or schematics.
- Self-directed and able to stay on task
- Ability to identify problems and offer and or apply resolution(s).
- Organized and detailed-oriented.
- Effective written and verbal communications.
- Solid record-keeping skills.
- Four (4) years of experience or equivalent preferable in a machine shop environment. Combined mechanical and electronic maintenance experience.
Mid-Continent has been a supplier to first-tier OEMs within the medical, aerospace and defense industries for decades. Mid-Continent Engineering stuffs the armed forces supply chain with products of our capabilities such as precision machining, aerospace welding, chromate conversion and paint/powder coat finishing, mechanical assemblies, and other design-assist services.
WHAT WE DO: we stuff the armed forces supply chain with products of our capabilities such as precision machining, aerospace welding, chromate conversion and paint/powder coat finishing, mechanical assemblies, and other design assist services.