Two full-time positions available with the Water Department, Facilities Engineering Division located at 4800 East 63rd Street
Salary Range: $5,173-$7,759/month
Normal Work Days/Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Application Deadline Date: September 18, 2023
- Managing multiple projects related to improvements within KC Water's water and wastewater facilities infrastructure.
- Assists in various aspects of project management processes from projects related to improvements to water/wastewater treatment and pumping facilities infrastructure.
- Interpret and apply technical specifications, city ordinances, state and federal regulations, and related standards to projects.
- Coordinate with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external to the city, and the public.
- Analyze reports, maps, drawings, engineering plans, hydrological characteristics, and geologic data to plan and design projects; prepare or directs preparation and modification of reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, environmental impact studies, and designs for projects.
- Assist in preparing bidding documents, memos, and plans for construction projects.
- Direct construction and maintenance activities at project sites through out Kanas City.
- Inspect construction sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance to engineering plans, specifications, and construction and safety standards.
- Verify conformance of the plans and specifications prepared by Design Professionals, submit Project Status Reports (PSR's) on the progress of projects, review submittals for materials used and related data.
- Responds to complaints and provides general guidance on projects.
- Performs analysis and prepare reports for the Operations and Maintenance Division.
- Manages projects for water distribution, wastewater collections, stormwater and floodplain management, green infrastructure and KC Water facilities and treament plants.
- May also have opportunities to assist on other KC Water Projects.
REQUIRES an ABET accredited Bachelor's degree in any professionally recognized architectural/engineering discipline as required by the hiring authority. May be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen as prescribed by the City. Preference given for an ABET accredited Bachelors degree in Civil, Mechanical, Environmental, or Chemical Engineering and successfully passing FE exam and experience in project management, construction management and/or working on the design.
URGENT!!! CRITICAL RECRUITMENT INFORMATION
QUESTIONS REGARDING AVIATION POSITIONS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO THE AVIATION DEPARTMENT AT 816-243-3010.
Applications and/or resumes are evaluated on the information received by the application deadline. Please ensure that your application or resume clearly demonstrates how you meet the minimum qualifications for the position for which you are applying, this includes providing all relevant educational dates and a detailed description of relevant work experience, including months/years of employment. Applications and/or resumes may not be considered if information is incomplete.
In order for a resume to be used in lieu of an application the resume must have been submitted online via the City's Applicant Tracking System.
Positions requiring a high school diploma/GED certificate must be obtained from a school/program accredited by the Department of Education and recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education.
The minimum education requirement for positions that allow for experience equivalency for an accredited degree is a high school diploma. Unless otherwise specified, an accredited degree must be obtained from a college or university listed with the U.S. Department of Education and recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education.
For positions with a salary grade of EX6 or higher that require an accredited degree, qualifying professional experience must be obtained AFTER the accredited degree is obtained.
Successful completion of a pre-employment criminal history/background check is required for all positions. Some positions require a post offer drug screen and/or physical.
If appointed, non-residents must obtain residency inside Kansas City, Missouri's city limits within nine months.
The City of KCMO is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The City is committed to providing a workplace environment for its employees and citizens free from discrimination based on race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, religion, age, disability, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity. For more information, please see our EEO Policy
The City of KCMO is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 816-513-1908 or send an e-mail to email@example.com .
If claiming military veterans' preference points, you must attach a copy of your DD-214 or a DD-256 (for reservists). To claim veterans' points you must have served 180 days of regular active duty service and be discharged or released under honorable conditions during peacetimes or 90 days of active duty service, one (1) day during "wartime" and a last discharge or release under honorable conditions. (DOD) 38 U.S. Code • 4211).