Field Engineer II
Field Engineer II
Wall Township, NJ, USA Req #2214
Energize your future and join our team as we pursue a reliable, sustainable, cleaner energy future. At our Fortune 1000 diversified energy company, you'll find a friendly, community-minded environment, with flexible work schedules, opportunities for growth and development, and competitive pay and benefits.
NJR Clean Energy Ventures, a subsidiary of New Jersey Resources is seeking a Field Engineer II to assist the Project Manager (PM) with the review and execution of construction RFPs and EPCs for the various distributed power projects. Provide oversight of the construction and implementation of multiple renewable energy projects in addition to the development of multiple renewable energy opportunities in execution of the Clean Energy Ventures project plan.
Major Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
• Assists with the construction of all capital projects (renewable energy, solar, etc.) while working closely with our external "third party" to ensure that projects are completed as designed, budgeted and scheduled
• Effectively represent the company and maintain relationships with EPC contractors, owner's representatives and property owners through, inspections, system overviews and technical support meetings
• Assists with inspections, which requires the interpretation and implementation of contract specifications
• Works with PM to note any deficiencies, and record on punch list
• Ensures that contractors perform remediation activities
• Assists with the commissioning and testing program for new commercial solar projects
• Assists the permitting and interconnection process to closeout
• Assists with the review of contracts and exhibits during the contractual phase; work with contractors and CEV's project needs to come to consensus on project milestones
• Maintain effective internal and external contacts; work in the spirit of cooperation that fosters teamwork and a sense of responsibility
• Bachelors degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university
• A minimum of 2-4 years' experience in Project Management or related field, or the combined equivalent of education and experience
• A working knowledge of commercial solar projects and smaller residential solar applications
• MS Office proficiency and effective communication skills
• Travel required - 50%-75%
* The above job description is reflective of the primary duties of this position and in no way limits the supervisor from assigning any other duties, responsibilities or initiatives as deemed necessary.
This position is hybrid in our Wall, NJ office (3 days onsite, 2 days remote)
New Jersey Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran or other protected status.