Engineering Technician Lead
Two full-time positions available with the Water Department, Storm Water Investigations, located at 1800 Prospect Ave.
Salary Range: $23.98-$36.60/hour
Normal Work Days/Hours: Tuesday-Friday 7:00 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
Application Deadline Date: December 04, 2023
- Investigates and resolves all matters involving Stormwater and Wastewater requests received from MyCivic, supervisors, and other departments.
- Maintains, utilizes, and operates all equipment utilized in the investigation process to include manhole picks, pole cameras, water hoses, and CCTV equipment.
- Investigates sinkholes and surface defects by dye testing with water and traceable dye(s).
- Performs slant inspections on new or rehabilitated service lines on city mains, storm boxes and connecting line segments.
- Investigates dry and wet weather overflows, and reports to the supervisor on the status and procedures taken to resolve the overflow.
- Utilizes GIS mapping for locations of sewer mains and manholes.
- Submits data to the supervisor and the GIS section with updated sewer asset information to ensure GIS mapping is accurate.
- Implements proper set up and take down of the CCTV equipment on the vehicle.
- Gathers data from the CCTV inspection and enters it into the WinCan software followed up with the data entry into Hansen (Infor).
- Investigates and/or televises the water departments assets to identify sewer failures and potential sewer failures, rating sewer pipes and defects according to NASSCO coding.
- Services request assigned to the Engineering Technician Lead will be updated daily and resolved utilizing Hansen (infor).
- Submits cleaning and repair work orders utilizing Hansen (infor) to ensure that the Water departments sewer assets are functioning as designed.
- Meets with contractors and property owners to discuss issues and resolve problems pertaining to the Water Departments assets.
- Records time and vehicle usage.
- Communicates with co-workers and management of all investigations and inspections that will be performed daily by phone calls, text messages, emails, and in person.
- Performs all functions of the section to include CCTV, Investigations, Contract Inspections, and private line locates.
REQUIRES high school graduation and 5 years of related and increasingly responsible experience in engineering drawing, mapping, automated mapping, GIS and equipment, CADD, engineering, land survey, construction inspection and related fields; OR high school graduation and 2 years of experience at the level of Engineering Technician and possession of either the Level II Engineering Technology Certification in any Civil, Electrical or Mechanical discipline as issued by the National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET); the Land Surveyor in Training as issued by the Missouri Board for Architects, Professional Engineers, Professional Land Surveyors, and Professional Landscape Architects; OR the Class B Wastewater Collections System Certification from the Missouri Water Environmental Association; OR an equivalent combination of qualifying education and experience. Must possess a valid state-issued driver's license in accordance with City of KCMO policies. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and post-offer physical as prescribed by the City. Preference given for candidates with NASSCO Certifications and/or MWEA Certifications Class A, B, C or D.
URGENT!!! CRITICAL RECRUITMENT INFORMATION
QUESTIONS REGARDING AVIATION POSITIONS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO THE AVIATION DEPARTMENT AT 816-243-3010.
Applications and/or resumes are evaluated on the information received by the application deadline. Please ensure that your application or resume clearly demonstrates how you meet the minimum qualifications for the position for which you are applying, this includes providing all relevant educational dates and a detailed description of relevant work experience, including months/years of employment. Applications and/or resumes may not be considered if information is incomplete.
In order for a resume to be used in lieu of an application the resume must have been submitted online via the City's Applicant Tracking System.
Positions requiring a high school diploma/GED certificate must be obtained from a school/program accredited by the Department of Education and recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education.
The minimum education requirement for positions that allow for experience equivalency for an accredited degree is a high school diploma. Unless otherwise specified, an accredited degree must be obtained from a college or university listed with the U.S. Department of Education and recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education.
For positions with a salary grade of EX6 or higher that require an accredited degree, qualifying professional experience must be obtained AFTER the accredited degree is obtained.
Successful completion of a pre-employment criminal history/background check is required for all positions. Some positions require a post offer drug screen and/or physical.
If appointed, non-residents must obtain residency inside Kansas City, Missouri's city limits within nine months.
The City of KCMO is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The City is committed to providing a workplace environment for its employees and citizens free from discrimination based on race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, religion, age, disability, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity. For more information, please see our EEO Policy
The City of KCMO is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 816-513-1908 or send an e-mail to email@example.com .
If claiming military veterans' preference points, you must attach a copy of your DD-214 or a DD-256 (for reservists). To claim veterans' points you must have served 180 days of regular active duty service and be discharged or released under honorable conditions during peacetimes or 90 days of active duty service, one (1) day during "wartime" and a last discharge or release under honorable conditions. (DOD) 38 U.S. Code • 4211).