Engineering Technician II – In House Design
Pay Range: $23.03/hr. - 28.78/hr.
Job Posting Closing on: Tuesday, June 6, 2023
Workdays & Hours: The position is Full-Time 8am - 5pm Monday - Friday.
Benefits for this position include: 11 Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Pension Plan, Professional Development Opportunities, and much more.
The City of Fort Worth is one of the fastest growing large cities in the U.S. Our employees serve the needs of nearly 1,000,000 residents, promoting our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
An Engineering Technician II job is available with the City of Fort Worth In-house Design Group. The City of Fort Worth Development Services Department is charged with promoting orderly growth and development, safe and viable construction, and strong neighborhood vitality by collaborating with developers, property owners, and residents, to ensure a safe and sustainable community while providing exceptional customer service. The Development Services Engineering Division facilitates various engineering design review functions related to the delivery of safe and sustainable public infrastructure.
In an effort to further help our development customers deliver adequate public infrastructure to serve their proposed development projects timely and at a reduced cost, the department has created a new service for in-house design and construction services. This will serve as a dedicated program for the development and business community that will address small-scale or infill project design and construction needs related to water, sewer, stormwater, streetlighting, and paving.
- Associate Degree in Engineering, Architecture or related field.
- Two (2) years of increasingly responsible technical engineering experience in the areas of drafting, project design, review/analysis of projects for conformance of established standards, and/or land surveying.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in civil engineering or a related field.
The Engineering Technician II - In House Design job responsibilities include:
- Performs a variety of tasks in support of in-house design and construction programs including design, mapping, drafting, and coordination.
- Participates in detailed preliminary, topographic, construction, property, geodetic and other engineering surveys for various engineering and planning projects.
- Assists engineering staff in the preparation of engineering designs, drawings, specifications and construction project estimates. Drafts plans for engineering and construction projects including traffic intersections, streets, storm, water and sewer systems, utilities and paving.
- Analyzes engineering project problems in assigned areas. Gathers data through research, engineering studies and field investigations. Designs and recommend solutions and monitors implementation.
- Provides information to the public, contractors and consultants relative to engineering office business and technical matters. Provides engineering support for various issues and inquiries from management or council members.
- Performs other duties as required.
Depending on assignment, positions in this class typically require touching, talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions.
Light Work - Depending on assignment, positions in this class typically exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly having to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for the Sedentary Work category and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated Light Work.
Conditions of Employment
The City of Fort Worth is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It is the policy and practice of the City to recruit, hire, train and promote a diverse workforce without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or another non-merit factor.
The City of Fort Worth is committed to full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. criminal convictions will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only.