Engineering Technician II
Pay Range: $23.03 - $28.78/hr.
Job Posting Closing on: Tuesday, June 6, 2023
Workdays & Hours: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm; Some evening/weekend work required.
Benefits for this position include: 11 Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Pension Plan, Professional Development Opportunities, and much more.
The City of Fort Worth is one of the fastest growing large cities in the U.S. Our employees serve the needs of nearly 1,000,000 residents, promoting our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
An Engineering Technician II position is available with the City of Fort Worth Water Department, Capital Delivery In-House Design Group. The selected candidate should be able to read engineering plans, profiles and spec books as well as water and sewer maps; Perform variety of tasks in support of assigned area including design/drafting of water and sanitary sewer lines using AutoCAD; provide information to the public, contractors and consultants using good communication and writing skills with high level of multi-tasking ability to address high volume of telephone, e-mail and public inquires.
- Associate's degree or higher in a related field such as planning or engineering
- Two (2) years of increasingly responsible technical engineering experience in the areas of drafting, design, technical research assistance
- Must be able to pass Drug Screen
- Valid Driver's License
- Ability to work independently under direction of senior engineering staff
- Experience using AutoCAD to create water and wastewater utility plans
- Experience using GIS and Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
The Engineering Technician II job responsibilities include:
- Gathering data through research
- Addressing customer and contractor inquiries
- Performing various calculations to evaluate a proposed site for utility service
- Recommending solutions for design related challenges
- Verifying measurements and field conditions for proposed project sites
Conditions of Employment
The City of Fort Worth is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It is the policy and practice of the City to recruit, hire, train and promote a diverse workforce without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or another non-merit factor.
The City of Fort Worth is committed to full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. criminal convictions will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only.