Engineering Technician II
Pay Range: $23.03/hr. - $28.78/hr.
Job Posting Closing on: Tuesday, May 30, 2023
Benefits for this position include: 11 Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Pension Plan, Professional Development Opportunities, and much more.
The City of Fort Worth is one of the fastest growing large cities in the U.S. Our employees serve the needs of nearly 1,000,000 residents, promoting our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
An Engineering Technician II job is available with the City of Fort Worth Transportation and Public Works Transportation Management Division. The division is responsible for planning, designing, installing, repairing, and maintaining the pavement markings, signs, street lights, and traffic signals for the City of Fort Worth.
- Associates Degree in Engineering, Architecture or related field.
- Two (2) years of increasingly responsible technical engineering experience in the areas of drafting, project design, review/analysis of projects for conformance of established standards.
- A valid driver's license.
- Traffic safety and knowledge of the latest versions of the Texas Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (TMUTCD).
- Community engagement experience.
- Proficiency with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and in use of AutoCAD.
The Engineering Technician II job responsibilities include:
- Respond to traffic safety related citizen service requests and assisting professional engineering staff in support of the city's neighborhood traffic calming program.
- Communication with citizens regarding safety concerns, field visits, traffic analysis, data collection (i.e. setting up equipment to measure traffic volume, speed, site visibility, etc).
- Generation of work order layouts in CAD for installation of signs and pavement markings.
- Traffic data collection and analysis.
- Extensive use of computer and riding in vehicle from site to site.
- Site investigations in the field; may work around heavy construction equipment, and possible exposure to inclement weather conditions.
Conditions of Employment
The City of Fort Worth is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It is the policy and practice of the City to recruit, hire, train and promote a diverse workforce without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or another non-merit factor.
The City of Fort Worth is committed to full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. criminal convictions will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only.