ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN I
Position Description APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE ONLY
The Fresno County Department of Public Works and Planning is offering exciting career opportunities for individuals interested in the position of Engineering Technician I.
Engineering Technicians perform specialized engineering functions within the Department's various divisions, including: Traffic, Survey, Development, Resources, Design/Drafting, Testing, and Inspection.
Note : The eligible list established from this recruitment may be used to fill both extra-help and permanently allocated positions. Individuals selected for extra-help appointment may be transitioned to a permanently allocated position at a later date as authorized by the Fresno County Personnel Rules.
Positions in this classification are in Medical Group III - Heavy Physical Activity. This group includes positions which require heavy physical effort using arms, legs, back and trunk in frequent lifting, pushing, or pulling objects weighing (or offering resistance equivalent to) over 25 pounds. Generally, considerable bending, stooping, squatting, twisting, reaching, as well as standing and walking are involved. Physical stamina is usually required and explosive strength using bursts of energy may be required, depending upon specific position assignments.
Eligible candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Samples of Duties Please click here to review the Samples of Duties
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Please click here to review the Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Minimum Qualifications Education : Completion of sixty (60) semester units of coursework, including one (1) course in algebra, trigonometry or calculus, and one (1) course in drafting that is acceptable within the United States' accredited college or university system.
Substitution : One (1) year of full-time, paid work experience performing technical engineering support work may substitute for thirty (30) semester units of the required education on a year for year basis; however, the one (1) course in algebra, trigonometry or calculus, and one (1) course in drafting requirement may not be substituted.
License : Possession of a valid Class "C" driver's license, or equivalent.
TO PREVENT THE DISQUALIFICATION OF YOUR APPLICATION, PLEASE NOTE :
- Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and filing requirements for this position by the filing deadline.
- A completed Fresno County employment application is required and must be current, complete and accurate. Amendments will not be accepted after the filing deadline.
- Resumes and attachments are not accepted in lieu of a completed application.
- Please fully list your work experience including current position. Failure to list current and complete work experience within the job application (including employment with the County of Fresno) will result in the disqualification of your application.
- In the Education section of your application, please provide complete information for each school attended, including the school's name and location, the type and number of units earned (semester or quarter), and if applicable which major or program was completed (Engineering, Geography, etc.). Failure to completely list education within the job application will disqualify the applicant from consideration.
- College/university transcripts may be requested to verify completion of the required units.
- If you have completed education in a foreign college or university and are using this education to meet the minimum qualifications, you must provide documentation that the foreign education is comparable to that received within the United States' accredited college or university system or your application will not be accepted. Documentation must be provided by the closing date and time of this recruitment. You may attach a copy to your online application; fax a copy to 559-455-4788, Attn: Sidney Thompson; or email it to HREmploymentServices@fresnocountyca.gov.
A valid driver's license number must be listed on your application. Failure to provide this number will result in the rejection of your application. SELECTION PROCESS :
Depending upon the number of applicants meeting the minimum qualifications and filing requirements, applicants may be scheduled for one of the processes listed below:
- Written Examination - If required, the examination will be offered in an online format. Please indicate on the supplemental questionnaire if you have the ability to complete an online examination.
- Certify without Examination - In instances where the number of eligible candidates is less than or equal to the number of qualified applicants the Department is entitled to receive under Personnel Rule 4212, the competitive examination process will be waived, and the names will be certified without examination.
Successful candidates will be placed on an eligible list, effective for a minimum of 3 months (which may be extended up to an additional 12 months) and certified in final rank order as vacancies occur.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS :
- Fresno County Employment Application
- Supplemental Questionnaire
Please note : Applications must be submitted online via our website by the closing date and time of this recruitment. Applications submitted via U.S. mail, in person, email or fax will not be accepted. Resumes and attachments are not accepted in lieu of a completed application.
HOW TO APPLY :
Applications for this recruitment must be submitted online only. An online application may be found at: FresnoCountyJobs.com.
Open the job information flyer and click "Apply" to begin the online application process. Failure to complete the job application or failure to follow the application instructions will result in the disqualification of the applicant. Amendments will not be accepted after the filing deadline.
Once the filing deadline has passed, you may check the status of this recruitment at any time by logging on to: https://www.governmentjobs.com/Applications/Index/fresnoca.
Please be advised that it is the applicant's responsibility to notify Fresno County Human Resources of any mailing address and telephone number changes. Notices sent via U.S. Mail from Human Resources are not forwarded ("Return Service" is requested, therefore mail will not be sent to a forwarding address).
For the safety of our employees, the County of Fresno complies with all Federal, State and Local Orders related to COVID-19, including Cal OSHA Emergency Temporary Standards.
The County of Fresno is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Fresno County to provide employment opportunity for all qualified persons. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, ancestry, medical condition, genetic information, or denial of medical and family care leave, or any other non-job-related factor.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS - The County of Fresno is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA). Qualified individuals with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation during the application, examination or selection process may contact Human Resources at (559) 600-1830 at least 5 days prior to the scheduled date or deadline .
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Analyst: Sidney Thompson
Closing Date/Time: 11/16/2023 4:00 PM Pacific