Engineering Intern – Street Preservation Program (Summer/2024)
If you are a current City of Olathe employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
Intern (Fixed Term) (Trainee)
For more details, review the full job details and requirements below.
Typical duties and/or projects may include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the inspection and administration of Street Preservation Program.
- Assist in investigating, gathering data and analyzing information.
- Perform pavement evaluations, including recognizing pavement distresses and rating flexible and rigid pavement according to criteria on pavement distress guide.
- Record pavement distress data utilizing Cartegraph OMS.
- Review engineering plans, maps, and drawings.
- Document results of inspections and assessment in a daily log.
- This position works indoors and outdoors.
The City of Olathe summer internship program will provide the following to students:
- Experience in a working environment.
- Meaningful work assignments.
- Introduction to Public Sector.
- Opportunity to create professional network with experienced civil engineers, leading professionals, and peers.
- Assistance to update resume with statement of skills obtained during the internship.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
Experience: Entry level experience in Civil Engineering, Civil Project Management, related fields is required. Additional experience in surveying, engineering construction inspection, and GIS is preferred. Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is preferred.
Education: College student pursuing an engineering degree is required, civil preferred.
The hours for this position will be 8:00am-5:00pmMonday through Friday. Applicants must have a valid driver's license with a favorable driving record. A background investigation, pre-employment physical and drug screen is required