Engineering Intern – Stormwater
If you are a current City of Olathe employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
Intern (Fixed Term) (Trainee)
For more details, review the full job details and requirements below.
Typical duties and/or projects may include but are not limited to:
Assist in the Water Quality Program Coordinator with:
- Assist in investigating, gathering data and analyzing information
- Perform Stormwater Basin Inspections
- Record data
- Residential Erosion/Sediment Control Inspections/Enforcement
- Stormwater/Land Disturbance Permit Inspections
- Illicit Discharge Inspections
This position works indoors and outdoors.
The City of Olathe summer internship program will provide the following to students:
• Experience in a working environment.
• Meaningful work assignments.
• Introduction to Public Sector.
• Opportunity to create professional network with experienced civil engineers, leading professionals, and peers.
• Assistance to update resume with statement of skills obtained during the internship.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
Experience: Entry level experience in Surveying, Stormwater Management Best Practices and Graphical Information Systems (GIS) is preferred, but not required. Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is preferred.
Education: College student pursuing either an Engineering or Environmental Science degree is preferred.
The hours for this position will be 8:00am-5:00pmMonday through Friday. Applicants must have a valid driver's license with a favorable driving record. A background investigation, pre-employment physical and drug screen is required