Engineer 2 Graduate or Engineer Senior
Working Title: Assisted Living Physical Environment Evaluator
Job Class: Engineer 2 Graduate or Engineer Senior
Agency: Health Department
- Who May Apply: Open for laterals and to all qualified job seekers simultaneously. Lateral movements will be given consideration through 09/22/2023.
- Date Posted : 09/16/2023
- Closing Date : 09/29/2023
- Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit : Health Department / Health-MGEC
- Division/Unit : Health Regulation / Engineering Services
- Work Shift/Work Hours : Day Shift / 8:00am - 4:30pm
- Days of Work : Monday - Friday
- Travel Required : Yes - Up to 50% of the time
- Salary Range Engineer Senior: $34.30 - $50.47 / hourly; $71,618 - $105,381 / annually
- Salary Range Engineer 2 Graduate: $27.14 - $40.01 / hourly; $56,668 - $83,541 / annually
- Classified Status : Classified
- Bargaining Unit/Union : 212 - MN Govt Engineers Council/Engineers
- Last Incumbent : Cathy Tran
- Supervisor Name : Tim Hanna
- FLSA Status : Exempt - Professional
- Telework Eligible : Yes
- Designated in Connect 700 Program for Applicants with Disabilities : Yes
Make a difference in the lives of Minnesotans.
The work you'll do is more than just a job. Join the talented, engaged and inclusive workforce dedicated to creating a better Minnesota.
Join the Engineering Services Assisted Living team to be a leader on the front lines to help protect the most vulnerable. This position will enforce state licensure and physical environment requirements in assisted living facilities. The incumbent will provide construction document reviews, inspections, and surveys for the evaluation of assisted living facilities to ensure the physical environment complies with State laws and rules. This position will also provide training and expertise to assisted living professionals to educate them on maintaining facility compliance.
The Assisted Living team ser ves facilities located throughout the state of Minnesota with 50% of work time spent onsite at designated facilities. When not onsite, remaining follow-up work is performed by teleworking from your home office.
We currently have the greatest need for service in the central and southern regions of Minnesota but position location will be determined by the top candidate from applicants who reside in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, South Dakota or North Dakota.
This Job ID is posted at both the Engineer 2 Graduate and Engineer Senior levels. Please see Job ID 69594 , posted at both the Engineer Specialist and Engineer Specialist Senior levels. Applicants must apply to each Job ID to be considered for the applicable posted job class.
Both Job ID's will be used to fill one position in the Engineering Services Assisted Living team. The level at which the position will be filled will be determined based on the successful candidates' qualifications.
Engineer 2 Graduate Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in architecture or engineering from an accredited school with ability to become licensed in the State of Minnesota.
- One (1) year of engineering or architectural experience.
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or architecture from an accredited school.
- Two (2) years of professional engineering or architectural experience.
- Licensure with the Minnesota Board of Architecture, Engineering, Land surveying, Landscaper architecture, Geoscience and Interior design (AELSLAGID) under the provisions of M.S 326.02-326.15.
- Master's degree in engineering or architecture.
- Knowledge of the MN State Building Code as it relates to the different types of assisted living facilities and the State statute licensure of facilities.
- Knowledge of dementia care design.
- Knowledge of the 2018 Life Safety Code and FGI Guidelines for Residential Care Facilities.
- Ability to organize and implement multiple activities.
- Experience with MDH's current survey processes.
- Experience conducting quality improvement activities.
- Ability to identify deficient design and construction items and provide solutions.
- Ability to be mobile on rough and unfinished topography to access all areas of construction.
- Ability to climb a ladder and a stairwell to access mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Ability to bend over and work in the prone position to inspect various components of the architectural, mechanical, and electrical system of the building.
This position requires successful completion of a background check.
This employment does not require a valid driver's license, but it does demand travel, which the candidate will be responsible for meeting.
How to Apply
Select "Apply for Job" at the top of this page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers .
If you have questions about the position, contact Lisa Jacques at email@example.com .
To receive consideration as a Connect 700 Program applicant, apply online, email the Job ID#, the Working Title and your valid Proof of Eligibility Certificate by the closing date to Lisa Jacques at firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation for an interview, you may contact the Department of Health ADA Coordinator at email@example.com .
About Health Department
Come work for one of the best public health systems in the nation and you will contribute to our mission to protect, maintain and improve the health of all Minnesotans. We are working hard to achieve our vision for health equity in Minnesota, where all communities are thriving and all people have what they need to be healthy. Our collaborative, mission-driven work environment is a major factor in promoting a high level of employee health awareness, employee longevity and job satisfaction.
Why Work for Us
We are committed to continually developing a workforce that reflects the diversity of our state and the populations we serve. The varied experiences and perspectives of employees strengthen the work we do together and our ability to best serve the people of Minnesota.
A recent engagement survey of State of Minnesota employees found:
- 95% of employees understand how their work helps achieve their agency's mission
- 91% of employees feel trusted to do their jobs
- 88% of employees feel equipped to look at situations from other cultural perspectives when doing their job
- 87% of employees report flexibility in their work schedule
Our benefits aim to balance four key elements that make life and work meaningful: health and wellness, financial well-being, professional development, and work/life harmony. As an employee, your benefits may include:
- Public pension plan
- Training and professional development
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- 11 paid holidays each year
- Paid parental leave
- Low-cost medical and dental coverage
- Prescription drug coverage
- Vision coverage
- Wellness programs and resources
- Employer paid life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Health care spending and savings accounts
- Dependent care spending account
- Tax-deferred compensation
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Federal Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program
Programs, resources and benefits eligibility varies based on type of employment, agency, funding availability, union/collective bargaining agreement, location, and length of service with the State of Minnesota.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Minnesota state agencies are equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employers. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate what assistance is needed.