Director of Engineering
# of Openings: 1
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Exciting things are happening at the Hilton Airport Atlanta and you want to be part of our pre - renovation team, where we believe in our family style leadership model. Our primary focus is on driving the development of our team to limits to unknown within the brand and ownership! Additionally our family enjoys the free transportation to and from MARTA station to the hotel and free lunch and dinner during working hours.
The Director of Engineering is responsible for directing and overseeing all engineering departments at HEI Hotels. This positions also works closely with energy programs, safety programs, budgeting and capital projects.
- Creates and monitors preventive maintenance programs for guestrooms, public space, back of house, building and major equipment.
- Reviews and evaluates all life safety equipment.
- Reviews and assists with capital projects with property and ownership groups.
- Works alongside loss prevention on all HEI and OSHA programs.
- Interviews and signs off on all Engineers for properties.
- Oversees HEI energy programs. Works with compliance on ELG program.
- Creates, implements and monitors engineering SOP's.
- Reviews and approves any unplanned maintenance expense.
- Performs any other job related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3- 5 years of relevant experience as a Chief Engineer in full service hotel.
- Strong experience in HVAC, Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, Carpentry, etc.
- Familiar with chillers, cooling towers, chemical treatments, pneumatics, control systems, water systems, boilers, refrigeration, compressors, etc.
- Experience overseeing capital MEP and construction projects.
- Strong technical skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Creative problem solving skills and the ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action.
- Self-driven with a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. PI117029814