The Civil Engineer will execute technical work assignments on municipal engineering projects individually or as part of a project team. We are seeking Engineers with all levels of experience, so tasks and responsibilities will vary depending on status of licensure and level of experience.
- Assist with establishing new and maintaining existing relationships with clients, subcontractors, etc.
- Provide design services and/or project management on municipal capital improvement projects
- Prepare Federal and State regulatory permit applications and plans
- Compose letters, memoranda, reports, applications and studies
- Perform site investigations, construction observation and field reconnaissance
- Review subdivision and land development plans for compliance with applicable municipal ordinances
- Attend required public meetings; Planning Commission, Board of Supervisors, Zoning Hearing Board, etc.
- Prioritize and manage multiple clients/projects
- Market, sell and cross-sell professional services for all disciplines and office locations
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering or related area
- 2+ years of municipal engineering experience
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certification
- Registered Professional Engineer in Pennsylvania
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Organized and detailed oriented with excellent interpersonal skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills including the ability to compose letters and complex reports and to orally communicate technical information to others in public presentations
- Possesses knowledge of the Municipal approval process and is able to interpret ordinance requirements
- Ability to interact with Federal, State & Local government agencies and officials
- Experience in municipal engineering plan reviews and infrastructure design
- Some project management experience
- Some experience with managing support staff
- Ability to work independently and as part of a project team
- Demonstrates the highest degree of ethical behavior and candor
- Ability to understand complex problems and to collaborate and explore alternative solutions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, AutoCAD (preferably Civil 3D) and hydraulics/hydrology software
Essential Position Requirements:
- Occasional regional travel required
- Ability to work additional and/or nonstandard office hours, as required
We will not sponsor applicants for work visas
Gilmore & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that provides a competitive compensation structure including a generous benefits plan and Employee Stock Ownership Plan.