Asset Management Engineering Specialist (Community Service Aide II)
The Portland Water Bureau Asset Management Branch (AMB) is looking for an Asset Management Engineering Specialist!
Assetmanagement specialistwould work on revising and updating the Computerized Maintenance Management System's (CMMS) asset hierarchy and asset attributes to better reflect maintained assets and provide logical framework to be managed within an asset management framework. The AMB is awarding a contract for an asset management future funding needs assessment (FFNA) forecasting software.
The Specialist will work with the AMB team to continue the work done on the asset attributes within the asset hierarchy. The hierarchy is developed in Microsoft Excel and displayed graphically (Microsoft Visio and other software). The AMB staff have begun to develop a list of attributes for input into the AM hierarchy used in the FFNA software.
Asset attribute data for the 69 asset types need to be populated for the hundreds of thousands of individual assets in the Water Bureau's portfolio. Data includes installation dates, expected and remaining useful life, condition, degradation curves (linear and non-linear), timing and costs for maintenance, rehabilitation and replacement, and other data specific to each asset class.
Data will be downloaded from the bureaus CMMS (Oracle WAM) and GIS (Esri) databases and will also need to be populated using other resources when the attributes fields are blank.
The other resources available include, but are not limited to, written reports such as asset management plans and other documents, as well as collecting data from the field by interviewing the bureau staff who manage the assets or downloading data they may keep separately.
The specialist will be expected to develop links from the databases to the asset hierarchy spreadsheet and populate the asset attribute data in Microsoft Excel.
Responsibilities will include:
- Establishing processes and procedures for QA/QC to check the data for gaps and to obtain missing data.
- Asset attributes will be developed and calculated for data that does not already have attribute functions defined (an example would be to define a maintenance task when the condition of an asset reaches a certain point).
- Assisting the AMB staff on uploading and managing data into the FFNA software and developing the other data requirements of the software as well as operating the software to forecast future funding needs.
*Training on the FFNA software will be provided by the software vendor.
Timeframe: This job is temporary but can be expected to continue through late 2020 and beyond. Hours will vary but will generally be between 7:30 AM and 5:30 PM during regular weekday operations.
Pay: $24 per hour. The specialist can expect to work 20 to 30 hours per week although hours may vary as workloads and priorities change.
Why work at the City of Portland?
The City of Portland workforce serves a population of over 650,000. We are culture- and solutions-driven, viewing every challenge as an opportunity to learn, improve, and share our expertise. We are committed to removing systemic barriers to resources, access, and opportunity. The City is a believer inALLpeople and continues to actively recruit and retain diverse top talent every day.If you are open-minded, motivated, community-focused, and self-aware, please apply yourself at the City of Portland today.
This position is not benefits eligible.
The following minimum qualifications are required for this position.Applicants must specifically address and demonstrate how their education, training and/or experience, meets each of the following minimum qualifications. (Please see "Application Instructions" below.)
- Experience with the management of large databases including import and export of data between different software packages and different servers
- Experience with and knowledge of asset hierarchy, especially for utilities
- Knowledge about maintenance and operations of industry assets
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Excel and GIS.
- Ability to work with large databases such as: data transfers, QA/QC work, and developing data frameworks
Additionaldesired qualifications but not required:
- Masters or PhD student or advanced degree preferred
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Visio & Microsoft Access
- Experience in managing large databases
- Experience withCMMSsoftware/databases and SQL
The Recruitment Process
An evaluation of each applicant's training and experience, as demonstrated in their cover letter and resume weighted 100%. Do not attach materials not requested. Only candidates who meet the minimum qualifications will be placed on an equally ranked eligible list. You have 14 days from the notice of the examination results to let us know if you disagree with your results. Please read the City of Portland Administrative Rule 3.01 for complete information.Additional evaluation may be required prior to establishment of the eligible listand/or final selection. Some positions may require those placed on the eligible list to complete and sign a criminal backgroundstatement before being considered for employment.
- Posting: 02/10/20 - 02/24/20
- Applications Reviewed: Week of 02/24/20
- Eligible List: Week of 03/2/20
- Selection Phase Begins: Tentatively the week of 03/09/20
*Timeline is approximate and subject to change
Applicants must submit a cover letter and professional resume online, specifically focused on your qualifications for this position as identified in the "To Qualify" section of this announcement in accordance with the following Application Instructions:
Yourrésuméand cover letter will be the basis for our evaluation of your qualifications for this position. Incomplete or inappropriate information may result in disqualification.
- Your cover letter should include details describing your education, training and/or experience, and where it was obtained which clearly reflects your qualifications for each of the numbered items in the "To Qualify" section of this announcement.
- Your resume should support the details described in the cover letter.
- If you are requesting Veteran's Preference, as identified below, please describe in your cover letter any transferrable skills obtained during your military service and how they relate to each of the required minimum qualifications under the "To Qualify" section above.
Applications for this position will be accepted, online, but will close no later than 11:59 PM, on February 24, 2020,whichever comes first. Do not attach materials not requested . Applications received after the 50 application limit has been reached will not be included in this recruitment process. E-mailed and/or faxed applications will not be accepted .
** PLEASE NOTE : The eligible list generated from this recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies**
Work Status:Non-citizen applicants must be authorized to work in the United States at the time of application.
Veterans' Preference:If you are requesting Veterans' Preference, attach a copy of your DD214/DD215 and/or Veterans Administration letter stating your disability to your profile, as well as checking the box identifying yourself as a Veteran. You must request Veterans' Preference AND include a copy of your documentation for each recruitment to which you apply. Veterans' Preference documentation must be submitted no later than 11:59 PM on the closing date of this recruitment.
ADA Accommodations:If you identify as a person with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation when applying for this job, please contact the Recruiter below for assistance.
Equal Employment Opportunity:It is the policy of the City of Portland that no person shall be discriminated against based on race, religion, color, sex, marital status, family status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or source of income. The City values diversity and encourages everyone who is interested in employment with the City to apply.
Did you know?The City of Portland offers How to Apply Classes that are free and review best practices for applying to the City. Follow the link for the most recent list of scheduled dates:www.bit.ly/howtoapplyclass
Loan Tran, Recruiter
Bureau of Human Resources
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer Closing Date/Time: 2/24/2020 11:59 PM Pacific