Description: The Application Engineer will be responsible for the engineering of kSARIAs fiber optic and copper cable assemblies in support of new sales opportunities. The position will be responsible for generating cost estimates and drafting proposals for potential applications for military/ aerospace fiber optic and copper assembly products. Good communications skills, written and verbal, are a must for this position. The individual will report to the Engineering Manager and will interface with Order Administration, Manufacturing Engineering, and Production functions in order to achieve the goal of securing new business.
The Application Engineer will collaborate with Sales and Production engineering to ensure the best solution for the customers proposal. The Application Engineer will be expected to pull together all necessary information into a coherent proposal for submittal to the customer.
• Drafting proposals for customer applications
• Interfacing with customer to ensure the best cable design
• Respond to customer request for status of proposals
• Interface with outside suppliers for specification, price, and delivery of components with support from the Materials Manager
• Engineering design (CAD) of products to meet customers requirements
• Management of the transfer of new products into manufacturing
• Management and tracking of proposal requests
• Create Bill of Materials
. Requirements: • Proven track record as an applications engineer
• Knowledge of fiber optic termination processes preferred (company will train if necessary)
• Knowledge of Wire and cable harness processes
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Detail oriented and quality metric driven
• US Citizenship required for US Department of Defense work.
• Exceptional working knowledge of all MS Office software products (Word, Excel, etc.)
• Working knowledge of a drawing software tool such as Solidworks, AutoCAD, or equivalent
• Minimum of 3-5 yrs experienc
• BS in a technical discipline
• Fluency in English (verbal and written)
• Familiarity with military fiber optics and military connectors is a plus.
• Must be a US citizen or Green Card holder.
kSARIA offer its employees a comprehensive benefits package including:
• Health insurance
• Dental insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Life and Disability insurance
• Paid Time Off
• 401(k) retirement plan & match
kSARIA is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabilities/Veterans